At our centre in Stoke Newington, Askew Eyewear look for cateracts as part of your eye examination. We can advise you on treatment and cateracts surgery.
What are cateracts
Cateracts are cloudy areas in the lens of your eye. They make your vision blurry and misty. Left untreated, they can grow in size, eventually causing blindness.
They are very common, particularly as you grow older.
- A history of the condition in the family
- Over-exposing eyes to UV rays
- Regularly drinking too much alcohol
- Eye surgery for an eye condition
- Eye surgery for an eye injury
- Corticosteroid medication
Cateract surgery is one of the most common and successful operations in the world in in most cases takes about 15 minutes under local anaesthetic. Most people are able to return to a daily routine after 24 hours.